| Owen and Katie M skipping to breakfast :) |
| Nobody wanted the tomato in their Irish breakfast. I GOT SO MUCH LYCOPENE, GUYS |
| Calla and I both agreed that this mannequin looked an awful lot like a zombie... |
| The sun decided to come out and stay out today!!!!!! |
| One thing I really liked about being in the North was that we were never very far from the water :) |
| The long road to the Causeway -- the part of this trip I was most excited about!!! |
| Since it was the first big weekend for tourism, the place was crawling with people... |
| See? Tourists everywhere. I felt kind of silly after realizing I was indignant about it, though, since I am a huge tourist myself. |
| Giant's Causeway consists of a big area of amazing scenery. Loved it. |
| Same picture, but with the accidental inclusion of Quizzical Man. |
| Lots of the rocks have names around here, since there's so much mythology to go with it. I think that point out there had something to do with another foot. |
| This is why I liked Giant's Causeway so much -- bunches of the rocks are hexagonal for NO APPARENT REASON. Hence, why people think that giants made it instead of nature. I like both theories :D |
| The twisty part of the Causeway was really cool, but hard to climb on when wearing inappropriate footwear... |
| I did learn a few names -- the rock that child is reclining on is either called the Giant's Foot or Giant's Shoe. I've already forgotten. There goes my credibility... |
| This part I know for sure is called the Organ. Taylor and I hiked up here, and were saddened to see that the road beyond it was closed because of a rock slide. |
| I actually blonded up a little this day because of the sun -- so nice!! |
| We made it our mission to get to the ocean as often as possible while strolling around the Causeway. The waves definitely made me miss surfing though!! |
| Brittnie and Beaner being adorable in the parking lot |
| Taylor and his favorite two red-heads! |
| Our secondary destination of the day -- a very cool rope bridge called Carrick-a-Rede |
| BRIDGE! |
| The water near it was super clear and very pretty |
| A better shot of the wonderful water |
| Katie M and me, triumphant bridge-crossers! |
| The bridge, in this photo, looks way scarier than it actually was in my view. |
| Eric: "How far down do you think that is?" Me: "Far enough" |
| Walking back across :) |
| The path also wound up along a different hill, so we got some more hiking in for the day. It looks far more dramatic from a distance! |
| Hand-holding besties :D |
| Ava attempting to figure out if Eric was actually napping or not. He really was. |
| Lots of really cool graffiti in Derry! |
-S
No comments:
Post a Comment