15 April, 2012

North Trip Day 1: Donegal

Well turns out I didn't take any pictures of Easter break, so here we are: day 1 of the North trip!

Bright and early departure time once again -- 8 am at the cottages :)

Clearly it was a little too early for a few of our friends...

We stopped off in Sligo for a quick stretch, which Amber and I spent reading. Cool view of the river, though!

To illustrate the weather changes today: we sat down in a restaurant and this was the sky outside.

Not ten minutes later, this was the view from inside. Absurd.

Arrival at Slieve League! For once, there was no historical significance to this mountain/big hill thing, which was refreshing!

It was just a really big climb. Thankfully on the bottom part there were stairs :)

Loved the view even though it was a tough climb!
The rest of the gang

This part of the day was really pretty and sunny, but WINDY

Bailey and I :D

Eric, Bailey, Ryan, Sara, and I all climbed up way further than the rest of the group

Poor Bailey :( turns out the footing got way worse the higher we climbed...

It was such a clear day that you could see the shadow of the clouds on the water -- so cool!!

Ryan way up on one of the peaks we got to

Bailey, Eric, and I! :)

This was a funny situation -- Ryan nearly walked right into the mama sheep and lamb at the bottom of that peak. Instead, they sat and stared at me while Ryan doubled back around... I thought I was going to be rushed off the mountain by the mama, but we all left well enough alone, thankfully!

We stopped briefly at a cool beach -- emphasis on temperature cool

That's Beaner sprinting out of the ocean -- according to her it was VERY COLD.

Very pretty stained glass that we stopped at briefly.

I didn't want my picture with it, but Brittnie forced the issue -- hence my indignation.

So, she took a picture with it too :)

We had lots more sun and clouds all day, with some weird rain....

But, we got to see an awesome rainbow because of it!

Katie K, Calla, Katie M, and I all stayed in the same guest house -- here, Katie M is showing just how awesome our room is!!!!

We wanted to run away with our blankets, but decided against it...

The four of us scoured Donegal for the Italian restaurant La Bella Donna. It was a bit of a hike (since we walked directly past it when we got into town) but totally worth it. My dinner, pizza margerita, was the best I've ever had. Looking at it is making me hungry again.......
After dinner, the four of us indulged our American needs and watched "Vampire Diaries" on TV, before promptly going to sleep. On to Day 2!

-S

No comments:

Post a Comment