03 April, 2012

The Long Trip Day 5: Adare and Bunratty Banquet

So I have a confession to make. By this point in the trip, I was super sick of taking pictures. So I kind of stopped. I think I took seven pictures this day..? In other words, not enough for a blog post of my normal caliber. So, most of the photo credits here go to the wonderful Calla Johnson, for having a cool camera and not giving up completely on taking pictures....

Our first stop of the day was Adare -- drearier than other stops on our trip had been until now...

But we found a delightful little town garden to wander through to stretch our legs and relax!

Forever alone (by choice) -- I was in a rambling mood, as evidenced by my distance from the group.

See? Even without the sun, it was delightful here. I really liked Adare.
After, we drove for a while and saw the Hunt Museum in Limerick, and hung out at the Limerick Shopping Mall. This was our general feeling being at a KFC in the mall with really questionable chairs...

Look at the happy people! So cute :)

What a perfect contrast to the happy and cute above... one-sided dueling with yoga mats.

Our very orange chain hotel for the evening

The Bunratty Banquet!! Calla and I :)

Taylor and I originally skulked off to hide from all the picture-taking (though Taylor was pretty busy photo-bombing for a while) and then everyone flocked to us instead. Calla, Colleen, me, Beaner, Taylor, Katie M, and Melissa :)

The whole gang and our MEAD. Not as bad as regular wine, and very very very very very VERY potent. Just saying.

Our welcome chorus :)

Taylor and Amber, Earl and Lady of Thomond for the evening!

Everyone's favorite butler Tom listing off the rules for the evening from the minstrel's balcony

Taylor, Amber, and the self-appointed captain of the guard Kyle

Seamus, one of the best violinists I've heard in a long while

The family Revior!! I got the distinct pleasure from sitting across from them :D

The singing reminded me a lot of choir back in high school -- absolutely beautiful madrigal singers!

In that jug was the best-tasting spicy potato broth stuff I've ever had. SO GOOD! All the food was absolutely wonderful, but the soup/broth really stood out.

Katie M, Calla, Bailey, and I with TOM!!

Our farewell song :(

Our dining accommodations

More of Seamus, everyone's favorite violinist :D
 With the help of copious mead and white/red wine, the evening turned out to be a pretty famous one. But, by this point, we were all ready to go home to Louisburgh. Day 6, last one, coming up next!

-S

No comments:

Post a Comment