31 January, 2012

Just Your Typical Thirsty Tuesday

HELLO ALL! I just got back from the pub, and it's only 6:30 pm here. And I'm a little bit tipsy. Hence, I figured I would blog about my day :)

This morning, while we were waiting for some of our classmates to get out of their cottages so we could all walk to class, Bailey and Katie started dancing -- the salsa!! :)

This is the building that we have our classes in. It's got a plaque on it, which you probably can't see unless the picture is bigger, that says 'Health Centre'. It used to be the old covenant, and is located right next to the local 'college' (high and middle school) and a massive Catholic church. It's right on the edge of town, so it's a neat 10 minute morning walk for all of us.

This is about half of the local library (I was too close when I took the picture). It also houses a cultural center for the local pirate legend, whose name I will horribly mangle right now if I try to spell it, and who is our inspiration for our St. Patrick's Day float in March! It's a cute little place :)

That's right, I have a County Mayo library card. BEST THING EVER. And it was only $1.30 (1 euro)!!!! I sat in the library today for 2 hours, reading a really good book called 'Sympathy for the Devil' (a detective mystery). I got about halfway through, and I didn't let myself rent it because it was too good, and I wouldn't do any homework if I rented it :P

From the library, I went right to Joe Mac's with Amber and Katie Murphy to work on some homework -- and ordered a Fat Frog. This is both halves of the first one that I paid for with Katie's help. It was 13 euro (EXPENSIVE) so we split the cost and the two pints that it turned into. It's a wonderful mixed drink that I was recommended to try, made by mixing Bacardi Orange, Smirnoff Lemon, and something blue called WKD that they only sell here in Ireland. And it is DELICIOUS. And then, while talking to one of the bartenders named Lawrence O'Toole (a very sweet elderly gentleman who talked to us for at least an hour while we attempted homework), he ordered us an entire new one. So I essentially had both pints. And now I'm tipsy. Yeah Ireland!!!!
 Well, I'm about to go eat some dinner, and hopefully get less tipsy so I can focus on my homework -- but it's 6:30 and I'm buzzed :D love and miss you all,

-S

No comments:

Post a Comment